Moore’s Law is coming to an end, and many people don’t know how to feel about it. In fairness, the end of Moore’s Law is not something that crept up on us out of nowhere. Industry experts predicted the termination of Moore’s Law years ago. They observed its gradual decline and forecasted a grim future for Moore’s Law that has since proved to be an accurate calculation.
But the question remains… why is Moore’s Law ending? And why should you care?
I’m kicking off the start of the year with a Short and Sweet AI podcast episode that focuses on endings. That is, the end of Moore’s Law and why it matters. As always, I focus on AI in simple terms so that whether you’re new to AI or a seasoned pro, you can follow along fully immersed!
In this episode find out:
- What Moore’s Law is, who created it, and why it is so important
- How Google’s big “OMG” moment led to the end of Moore’s Law
- What a Tensor Processing Unit (TPU) is
- Why TPU is the “Helen of Troy” of AI
- What could replace Moore’s Law in the future
Important Links & Mentions
- 5G: Fifth Generation Wireless. What is it?
- What is Edge AI or Edge Computing?
- What is Quantum Computing?